Community Coordinator - Female Design Council
Part Time, 15-20 hrs per week
Salary commensurate with experience
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Female Design Council (FDC) is looking for a Community Coordinator to assist with the management and growth of the FDC as the go-to professional community organization for women in design in NYC, as well as increase opportunities for our members and the female design community as a whole. This position will report to the FDC Founder/Director and will support, coordinate and oversee major areas of the FDC's activities, ensuring the organization's success in communication and outreach, marketing and events, professional development for our members, and membership expansion. The ideal candidate should be able to work on spreadsheets and editorial content with equal aplomb. Passion for the design community is essential.
What you'll do:
● Assist in the development and maintenance of NYC membership events calendar
● Draft, edit and prepare content for website, e-blasts, social media, marketing materials and events
● Maintain and update confidential membership lists
● Manage member correspondence
● Proactively assist in the solicitation of new members and sponsors
● Conduct prospective member and sponsor research; work with the council to develop innovative ideas and strategy for the solicitation of new individual and corporate members
● Coordinate planning and execution of all membership events
● Ensure all membership benefits are fulfilled
● Conduct up-to-date assessments on potential improvements, changes, or needs regarding
the structure and content of the organization’s multilevel membership program
● Schedule and support board/committee meetings
● Oversee planning, execution, and evaluation of all membership events, including open meetings, panels, workshops and design events
● Assist Founder in Strategic Development / public relations and outreach for special events
● Coordinate design, production, and dissemination of FDC website and eblasts
● Develop social media outreach and maintain social media calendar, media relations, internal and external events and public appearances, and publications.
What you have:
● Minimum 3-5 years of professional experience, ideally in a creative or design-related field.
● Bachelors or Masters degree in a related field, with knowledge and/or interest in art/design administration, communication and development.
● Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, including drafting content, editing, and proofreading.
● Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with diverse individuals and groups, including members, sponsors, press, and the FDC Board.
● Strong organizational and time management skills with impeccable attention to detail.
● High energy, dynamic, curious, creative thinking, problem solving, entrepreneurial and team-player attitude.
● Proficient with Google Suite applications, website and social media channels, and web template programs such as squarespace etc
● Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), Powerpoint/Keynote or other presentation applications is a plus.
● Flexible and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment that changes regularly based on programming.
Please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com