BECOME A MEMBER
As a FDC Member you:
connect with like-minded women in all aspects of design / foster new creative relationships
access to private member events & experiences
professional development / access to job opportunities
inclusion in / access to the FDC private member directory
exposure: ability to feature your work in FDC newsletters, online and social media
Your membership helps to make possible the ongoing activities of the FDC and more!
FDC offers a low cost membership to make it easily accessible regardless of your income. We are working to shift the paradigm of designers taking the lion’s share of the financial responsibility within the corporate structure. As a result, we prefer to offer a highly valuable resource for women in design for less than $20 a month!
In 2018, members were invited to engaging monthly events including panel conversations in museums, sold out exhibitions, design industry exhibitions, open meetings, private studio tours, unique design experiences, and cocktail receptions.
The Digital Membership is a great option if you’re not based in NYC, but would like receive the online benefits that FDC offers. Digital Membership includes: access to our private member directory (password protected for your privacy), online public profile of you / your design work on the FDC website, and ongoing promotion of your work via FDC newsletters and social media channels. This membership is appropriate for Mid Career and up. This membership does not provide access to FDC offline member events- it is a purely digital membership.
The Early Career option is the right choice if you are just starting out in the design field or design-related profession, have recently graduated from college, or are currently enrolled in graduate school or junior or senior undergrad, and are looking for mentorship, advice, and career connections.
The Mid Career level is appropriate for you if you have three to five years experience in the design field or in a design-related profession and are looking for business and community support while you expand your networks and clients, and are looking to collaborate with like-minded designers.
Those at the Established Career level have over five years of experience in the design field or design-related profession, are looking for high-level business development support, professional opportunities, and are interested in being a mentor to younger designers.
Membership at the Design Studio level provides full benefits for two members, as well as four free job listings annually.
Corporate + Brand Partner:
FDC Corporate + Brand Partner provides design-related companies and brands an opportunity to support the female design community directly with fiscal support, as well as providing female and female-identifying employees the opportunity to engage, learn, and grow within a solid community of designers, architects and more. Help your female employees actively grow their networks and professional relationships both in and out of your organization. This community and professional support helps women achieve greater career success and the ability to advance up the corporate chain, providing strong opportunities in both personal and company growth.
- Receive 25% off of your employee memberships. We have three different membership levels (Early, Mid and Established Career), to support your team/employees to join at the level of their choice.
- Access to a robust network of accomplished female and female-identified professionals in the design industry, and be included in the private member directory.
- List your company as a partner on FDC website with logo and link where applicable
- Raise brand awareness and reach our curated audience of design specialists, buyers, interior designers, architects, creators and influencers.
- Spotlight your company and female employees through FDC communications including newsletters, online and social media.
For additional fees, FDC will work with you to design and tailor specific events, such as:
- Design-and business-education events for your female employees to sharpen their industry knowledge
- Educational and entrepreneurial networking events for your female employees to grow and find mentorship and connect with other like-minded collaborators
- Introduce your products and services to our savvy network of female dynamos
- Curate and produce design-centric programming and experiences for your company to reach FDC’s network of top-notch designers and architects
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!
Friend of FDC:
Looking to support women and the work that they do? Join at this level to help make possible the ongoing activities of Female Design Council and strengthen the collective voice of the female design landscape. Your contribution will help fund engaging programming and experiences with powerful women doing awe-inspiring work in design. Open to all, regardless of gender.
The FDC reserves the right to decline membership for any individual or group.